Southview Courts is a HUD 202/D, Section 8 Independent Living facility that provides safe, affordable housing for older persons and people with disabilities.
Southview Courts is designed for families who are able to maintain an independent living status with minimal support services.
While Southview Courts does not provide any of these support services, they are available through other local agencies.
Important Information about Southview Courts
- HUD Housing for Elderly and Disabled 202/D, Section 8
- An elderly household is one whose head of household is at least 62 years of age. Please refer to Tenant Selection Plan for definition of an eligible disabled family.
- Residents must meet income criteria to qualify for housing assistance.
- Southview Courts has 50 units. Each unit furnished with central air, electric heat, range, refrigerator, garbage disposal, furnace, water heater, and private patio.
- Utilities included in rent: water, sewage, and trash removal
- Residents are responsible for: electricity, telephone, and cable
- Residents may bring their own appliances. All light fixtures, shower fixtures, ceiling fans, drapery rods, screen doors, etc. become permanent fixtures.
- Laundry facilities are located in each building. There are two washers and dryers in each laundry room.
- All outside doors are locked and secure during the evening and weekends.
- The following services are available through Union County Council on Aging: homemaker, handyman, home health attendant care, public transportation, senior center activities, and Lifestream Congregate meals.
- Residents are required by HUD to recertify each year. Letters are sent to each resident explaining that it is time for them to make their appointments. Names, addresses, policy numbers, social security numbers, and signatures are required.
- Residents are encouraged to stop by the Southview Courts office and ask questions.